Dean Saunders, ALC, CCIM
Managing Partner, Broker
Dean Saunders is a partner with Coldwell Banker Commercial Saunders Ralston Dantzler Realty. Dean is also owner of Coldwell Banker Commercial Saunders Real Estate (CBCSRE) and Saunders Land Management – all in Lakeland, Florida. He is a Licensed Real Estate Broker, Realtor®, ALC (Accredited Land Consultant), and Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM).
Since 1985, Dean has specialized in Florida land of all property types, as well as conservation easements. His notable work with commercial and transitional vacant land, along with entitled land and bulk lots has assisted commercial clients and investors with guidance on the highest and best use of their commercial land.
Dean served in the US Senate as Agricultural Liaison, Special Assistant, and Director of External Affairs to US Senator Lawton Chiles, then Governor Chiles (D-FL). From 1992 to 1996, he was elected to the Florida House of Representatives, where his strong passion for supporting landowner property rights and conserving the integrity of a property’s natural resources culminated in his authorship of groundbreaking conservation legislation. He comes from a sixth-generation Florida agricultural family, earned a BSA from the University of Florida in Fruit Crops, Food and Resource Economics, and is a recognized Florida land and conservation easement authority.
In 1996 Dean formed Saunders Real Estate and affiliated with the Coldwell Banker Commercial brand in early 2006. This affiliation brought a national and global presence to the firm. In 2009, he joined the partnership for this firm that would expand commercial real estate services beyond commercial land.
Dean receives significant recognition for exemplary sales performance from both the CBC global network and regional industry organizations. He has earned the #1 Sales Professional recognition in the CBC affiliate network multiple times. He has led the company to CBC’s highest honor, the Commercial Elite award, for outstanding company sales performance and customer service multiple times. He was recognized as the Florida Realtor® of the Year by the REALTORS® Land Institute (RLI). In 2003, Saunders was selected by the National Association of REALTORS®, along with Alan Greenspan, then four-term chairman of the Federal Reserve Board, as one of the exclusive nine “Notables.” As a Notable, Dean was considered by his peers to be among the influential in real estate nationally.
Dean serves on the advisory board of the Bergstrom Real Estate School at the University of Florida, where he contributes to the professionalism and education in the real estate industry. Dean is a member REALTOR® of the Lakeland Association of REALTORS®, among others, including the Central Florida Commercial Association of REALTORS® and the Florida Gulfcoast Commercial Association of REALTORS®. He is the former chair of the Florida Real Estate Commission (FREC) and is past president of the Florida Chapter of REALTORS® Land Institute (RLI). He is Chairman of the Legislative Committee for RLI and on the Board of Directors of RLI.
Dean resides in Lakeland, FL with wife, Gina, and their four children and is an avid hunter with numerous trophy mounts. Each year, the Saunders family commissions an original painting to add to The Saunders Collection: Natural Lands of Florida from well-known Florida wildlife artists, Thomas Brooks, David Escudero, and Mike Nowak.
- Transitional Land
- Commercial Vacant Land
- Industrial Land
- Entitled Land and Bulk Lots
- Conservation Easements
- Florida Land Values & Verified Sales Analysis
- Publisher of the Lay of the Land Market Report of verified Florida land sales
- Producer of the Lay of the Land Florida Land Conference
- Author of "We Create Solutions: A Primer on Conservation Easements"
- 2011, 2010, 2008, 2006 (05) - CBC - #1 Sales Professional Global
- 2012 - CBC - #2 in Top 5 Sales Professionals in North America
- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006 CBC - Top 2% Globally
- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2006- CBC - Circle of Distinction Platinum
- 2009 - CBC - Circle of Distinction – Bronze
- 2011, 2008 CBC - #1 Sales Professional in the State of Florida
- 2012, 2011, 2008 CBC - -#1 Sales Professional by Specialty - Land
- 2012 - CBC - #1 Sales Professional by Sales
- 2007-CBC - Top 5 Producers Regionally-South Region
- 2013 Florida Realtor of the Year - Realtors Land Institute (RLI)
- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008 Pinnacle Award - FGCAR - #1 Top Producer - National - Land
- 2007, 2006 Pinnacle Award - FGCAR -#2 Top Producer – Land
- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2007, 2006 - CFCAR - Hallmark Award-#1 Overall Top Producer -Land
- 2011 - CFCAR - Hallmark Award-#1 Overall Top Producer by Volume
- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008 - CFCAR - Hallmark Award-#1 Overall Top Producer - Polk Co.
- 2010-Hallmark Award - CFCAR - #2 Producer Overall
- 2008 Hallmark Award - CFCAR -#7 Top 10 Overall Producers
- 2008 Hallmark Award - CFCAR - #2 Top 10 Producers - Land
- 2006 Hallmark Award - CFCAR - Top 10 Overall in Sales
- 2006 Hallmark Award - CFCAR - Most Deals - Polk County
- 2012, 2011, 2010 - “America’s Best Brokers” list by The Land Report
- 2008 - Broker All Stars - Real Estate Florida industry publication
- 2008 - CoStar Power Broker
- 2003 - National Association of Realtors® (NAR) Notable
- 2003 - Real Source Benchmark Award - Achieving Expert Status – Multi-Million Dollar Producer
- 2003 - Real Source Benchmark Award - Achieving Expert Status – Conservation